Cable Communications Achievement Award
Policies and Procedures
Purpose:Recognize individuals for their outstanding cable public affairs contributions
Awarded:During FORUM, ACC's annual educational conference
I. Up to four (4) Individuals will be recognized for their contributions to cable industry communications each year. One of the four individuals will be recognized as a "rising star" in the industry.
II. Eligibility criteria:
- Current member of ACC
- Member of ACC for a minimum of three (3) years-(no minimum for "rising star" nominees)
- Worked in cable communications a minimum of five (5) years-("Rising Star" nominees must have worked in cable a maximum of two (2) years)
- Supports the goals of the ACC
- Employed by a MSO, Local System, Cable Network, Industry Supplier, or Industry Non-profit organization
III. 2010 Nomination Process:
- Nominations must be received by August 6, 2010.
- Anyone may nominate a candidate. Nomination to include completed and signed nomination letter and summary of qualifications, no longer than two pages addressing the criteria below.
- Each nomination should be accompanied by a minimum of two and a maximum of five letters seconding the nomination (addressing one of the judging criteria) of no more than one page each.
- ACC Presidents are not eligible for nomination until two years after their term of office.
IV. Judging Criteria:
- Show how the nominee has used communications concepts and techniques to successfully solve problems or take advantage of opportunities.
- Detail the achievements of the nominee and demonstrate how these have advanced the cable industry.
- List Beacon entry campaigns or initiatives in which individual had a key role.
- Other awards and forms of recognition the nominee has received for communications related activities.
- Service to ACC citing offices held or committee positions.
- Up to five (5) letters seconding the nomination.
V. Judging Committee:
1. The Award Committee will be composed from the following ACC leadership positions:
a. Immediate Past President
b. Current ACC President
c. Beacon Award Non-Board Member Co-Chair
d. FORUM Committee Non-Board Member Co-Chair
e. Non-Board Member Co-Chair of the three Board Committees
VI. Judging Procedure:
- The committee will rank each area of the Judging Criteria (IV 1-6) on a scale of 0 to 10.
The nominee with the highest total points by all judges (60 maximum x number of judges) will receive the award.
- In the event of a tie, the committee will vote for one individual. The person receiving the greatest number of committee votes will receive the award.
- All finalists will be notified by the ACC executive director following their selection and will be invited to attend FORUM for the award presentation.